Pound for Pound Who has the best League? Pop Warner, SFYFL, Miami Extreme, NYFL or AYFL. Rank them as you see them and why?

My personal opionion is below

1.Pop Warner

2. SFYFL

3. AYFL

4. NYFL

5. Miami Extreme

Let the debate begin, and please keep it 100.

Views: 3009

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eddie Alford said:
Manny whats up I know the make up of extreme it was born of teams origianl popwarner teams that wasnt that successful and Its a great league. The question I was answering was the strength of the league. I think the extreme league is very organized and well structured. Very good league and it gives those organizations a good platform to grow and get better.

Manny Gonzalez-Brito said:
Coach LCW 105lbs and Coach Alford: You two have the premier teams in all of youth south florida football, including a national reputation. I have the utmost respect for both of you, yet Extreme league really gets "beat up" as a second class league (much worst than the other 3), Why? Coaches, could you explain why you feel this way? Have you seen most of the teams in Extreme? Is it poor coaching? Poor talent pool? If so, what would you suggest to better the Extreme league? Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks coaches and Good Luck with your respective seasons!

Eddie Alford said:
1. Popwarner
2. SYFL
3. AYF
4. Extreme

Much more quality of competition and national stage. Also rules are much more in place with have a national structure nothing against the other leagues just my opinion,,
I agree miami xtreme is a good league but need more athletes with speed and like coachsaid the strength of the schedule its been proven look how dania bears 130 rip threw ur league they came from the sfyfl last year and its their first year in da miami xtreme league and they are faster and hit 80 times harder than ur whole league but da miami xtreme are very discipline league if u all want to get better play more teams with speed and that are very physical like dania bears instead of putting all the good teams in one division to play each other u all need to mix it up for example kendall hammocks are in a weak division which make them look good trust me if they were in the division with dania bears, south florida hurricanes or north miami beach and lake stevens they wouldnt be so good. do you see my point i mean just keeping it real they put all the good black teams in the same division so they could beat up on each other while kendall hammocks dnt play nobody if they were in our division they wouldve lost 2 to 3 games if they make it to da super bowl which they will cause there schedule is so easy then when they play dania bears 130 u see wat in talking about. if you want your team better for next year come to our division and ur team get better whats da point of playing teams that are not worth playing they not making your team ready or better.
LOL.... LEADERSHIP, VISION, ORGINIZATION!!! YALL NOT READY!
tomcat61 said:
Picture this schedule if you are a real true youth football fan.
Miami Gardens Ravens
Overtown Rattlers
Palmetto Raiders

Miami Gardens Vikings
Liberty City Warriors
Richmond Giants
Miami Gardens Cowboys
Gwen Cherry Bulls
Florida City Razorbacks
Northwest Falcons
Northside Panthers

This could happen 2011 in Miami Popwarner (NO MORE TALKING PUT UP, OR SHUT UP!)
Grey Stroke, who in particular are you saying is not READY. And I say that this situation would answer that Question. If, like I said in the past, your not scared of creating and competing in such an competitive league in Dade and Broward county!!!!!!!!
greystroke sounds like you bsing around a blind man can see this is the best league hands down and you used to be in the league sounds like you just dont like popwarner but dont mean to imply set me straight coach i respect you to the upmost. Give me your thoughts
With a setup like this Miami-Dade county highschools would capture state titles year end and year out.
Northwestern, Carol City, Booker T. Washington, Columbus, Central, Southridge, Norland, Southdade, etc.etc.etc.
AN ORGINIZATION IS BUILT UPON STRUCTURE, LEADERSHIP, VISION AND RESPONSIBILITY. WHEN YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT MERGING TEAMS FROM OTHER LEAGUES YOU FAIL TO ACCOUNT FOR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THAT PROGRAM TO IT'S COMMUNITY. SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT: PW SERVICES ONLY A THIRD OF THE BIRTH YEAR OF 15YR OLDS LEAVING A 3/4 OF THAT GROUP UNSERVICED BECAUSE THEY ARE BORN BEFORE SEPTEMBER 1ST. "NOT KNOCKING OR CRITICIZING PW SO DON'T GET YOUR BRITCHES UPTIGHT"... IN A PERFECT WORLD THAT KID IN THE 3/4 WOULD BE IN HIGH SCHOOL, (BUT) REALITY THAT KID IS A VICTIM OF OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM. SO THEREFORE THAT KID WHO DOES'NT HAVE THE GRADES TO BECOME ELIGIBLE AT THE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL IS NOW LEFT WITH NO STRUCTURE OR ACTIVITY TO TURN TO THAT WOULD ALLOW HIM TO SEE HIS POTENTIAL AND GET HIS GRADES UP. CERTAIN LEAGUES/COMMUNITIES HAVE THAT TYPE OF PROGRAM/YOUTH ORGINIZATION IN PLACE FOR THAT AGE GROUP. FACT CRIME IS DOWN 40% DURING THE MONTHS AUGUST THRU NOVEMBER DUE IN LARGE PORTION OF THAT AGE GROUP HAVING A STRUCTURED OUTLET. I CAN GO ON WITH F.A.C.T.S!!! SO WHEN I TALK ABOUT LEADERSHIP, STRUCTURE AND VISION IT'S ON ANOTHER LEVEL FROM FOOTBALL. THAT ONE GROUP IS AND WILL BE OUR FUTURE AT SOME POINT, FIND A VENUE FOR THEM AND GET BACK TO ME. IF I GOT TO DEEP CALL ME, BECAUSE I GOT LOTS AND LOTS MORE.... THIS COMPUTER IS FOR THE GHOST WRITERS, THAT'S NOT MY STYLE I WILL GIVE IT TO YOU IN BLACK AND WHITE.....

tomcat61 said:
With a setup like this Miami-Dade county highschools would capture state titles year end and year out.
Northwestern, Carol City, Booker T. Washington, Columbus, Central, Southridge, Norland, Southdade, etc.etc.etc.
Tek918,

You make some good points. As part of KBGC 105s we had the fortune and privilege of playing Dania, Lake Stevens, and North Miami Beach. I think it made us a better team.

Thanks and Best wishes for the Play offs

tek918 said:

Eddie Alford said:
Manny whats up I know the make up of extreme it was born of teams origianl popwarner teams that wasnt that successful and Its a great league. The question I was answering was the strength of the league. I think the extreme league is very organized and well structured. Very good league and it gives those organizations a good platform to grow and get better.

Manny Gonzalez-Brito said:
Coach LCW 105lbs and Coach Alford: You two have the premier teams in all of youth south florida football, including a national reputation. I have the utmost respect for both of you, yet Extreme league really gets "beat up" as a second class league (much worst than the other 3), Why? Coaches, could you explain why you feel this way? Have you seen most of the teams in Extreme? Is it poor coaching? Poor talent pool? If so, what would you suggest to better the Extreme league? Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks coaches and Good Luck with your respective seasons!

Eddie Alford said:
1. Popwarner
2. SYFL
3. AYF
4. Extreme

Much more quality of competition and national stage. Also rules are much more in place with have a national structure nothing against the other leagues just my opinion,,
I agree miami xtreme is a good league but need more athletes with speed and like coachsaid the strength of the schedule its been proven look how dania bears 130 rip threw ur league they came from the sfyfl last year and its their first year in da miami xtreme league and they are faster and hit 80 times harder than ur whole league but da miami xtreme are very discipline league if u all want to get better play more teams with speed and that are very physical like dania bears instead of putting all the good teams in one division to play each other u all need to mix it up for example kendall hammocks are in a weak division which make them look good trust me if they were in the division with dania bears, south florida hurricanes or north miami beach and lake stevens they wouldnt be so good. do you see my point i mean just keeping it real they put all the good black teams in the same division so they could beat up on each other while kendall hammocks dnt play nobody if they were in our division they wouldve lost 2 to 3 games if they make it to da super bowl which they will cause there schedule is so easy then when they play dania bears 130 u see wat in talking about. if you want your team better for next year come to our division and ur team get better whats da point of playing teams that are not worth playing they not making your team ready or better.
Good stuff guys. I was wondering how does the age and weight work in Pop Warner? Are the Midgets/160's 15 and under with 16 older but lighter or 14 and under with late birthdays turning 15 on or after September 1st? Do they get any extra weight per week ala SFYFL or AYFL who gets 5 lbs maximum only after we have made the weight 3 consecutive weeks or is their weight their weight like Extreme for instances 175 are a true 175 lb team? Also, how much can the older but lighters weigh?

Grey Stroke said:
AN ORGINIZATION IS BUILT UPON STRUCTURE, LEADERSHIP, VISION AND RESPONSIBILITY. WHEN YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT MERGING TEAMS FROM OTHER LEAGUES YOU FAIL TO ACCOUNT FOR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THAT PROGRAM TO IT'S COMMUNITY. SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT: PW SERVICES ONLY A THIRD OF THE BIRTH YEAR OF 15YR OLDS LEAVING A 3/4 OF THAT GROUP UNSERVICED BECAUSE THEY ARE BORN BEFORE SEPTEMBER 1ST. "NOT KNOCKING OR CRITICIZING PW SO DON'T GET YOUR BRITCHES UPTIGHT"... IN A PERFECT WORLD THAT KID IN THE 3/4 WOULD BE IN HIGH SCHOOL, (BUT) REALITY THAT KID IS A VICTIM OF OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM. SO THEREFORE THAT KID WHO DOES'NT HAVE THE GRADES TO BECOME ELIGIBLE AT THE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL IS NOW LEFT WITH NO STRUCTURE OR ACTIVITY TO TURN TO THAT WOULD ALLOW HIM TO SEE HIS POTENTIAL AND GET HIS GRADES UP. CERTAIN LEAGUES/COMMUNITIES HAVE THAT TYPE OF PROGRAM/YOUTH ORGINIZATION IN PLACE FOR THAT AGE GROUP. FACT CRIME IS DOWN 40% DURING THE MONTHS AUGUST THRU NOVEMBER DUE IN LARGE PORTION OF THAT AGE GROUP HAVING A STRUCTURED OUTLET. I CAN GO ON WITH F.A.C.T.S!!! SO WHEN I TALK ABOUT LEADERSHIP, STRUCTURE AND VISION IT'S ON ANOTHER LEVEL FROM FOOTBALL. THAT ONE GROUP IS AND WILL BE OUR FUTURE AT SOME POINT, FIND A VENUE FOR THEM AND GET BACK TO ME. IF I GOT TO DEEP CALL ME, BECAUSE I GOT LOTS AND LOTS MORE.... THIS COMPUTER IS FOR THE GHOST WRITERS, THAT'S NOT MY STYLE I WILL GIVE IT TO YOU IN BLACK AND WHITE.....

tomcat61 said:
Greystroke, no you didn't say EDUCATION, COMMUNITY, & STRUCTURE, which SFYFL lacks all the above. There is no merger, those parks will join a league that well fit the direction they are wanting to go in.
CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHIES camparisions
Extreme = ACC Championship
AYFL = PAC- 10 Championship
SFYFL = BIG- 12 Championship
GMPW = SEC Championship......S.E. Regional = Orange Bowl Championship.........Nationals = BCS Championship
LOL tomcat. I like the comparisons

tomcat61 said:
CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHIES camparisions
Extreme = ACC Championship
AYFL = PAC- 10 Championship
SFYFL = BIG- 12 Championship
GMPW = SEC Championship......S.E. Regional = Orange Bowl Championship.........Nationals = BCS Championship
yall 2 is real funny. how can u compare the leagues and we don't play each other at least in college they can crown a real champ but pop warner will not let u see who the best in south fla.

8 team league thatz funny

Reply to Discussion

RSS

BSO SAFETY TIPS

Members

CONTACT US

Generation Nexxt

Discovering Tomorow's Stars Today

Office: 954-282-1160 | Fax: 888-539-6746

Email: info@gennexxt.com

Community Partnerships: Please email info@gennexxt.com

YOUTH. FAMILY. COMMUNITY