THE AYFL KICKS OFF THE 2010 SEASON WITH A BANG!

The AYFL Kicks Off The 2010 Season With Bang!

By Jonah Woullard

(August 15, 2010) – It is official, the first whistles have been blown, the first touchdown passes have been thrown, and some of the best American Youth Football League’s rivals have been renewed.

This past Saturday represented the long wait for some teams’ chance at redemption, and other teams’ opportunity to defend their championship from the 2009 season. But it didn’t matter what side of that spectrum these teams were on this Saturday, it was just simply GAME TIME!

As Generation Nexxt visited several parks on Saturday, the one thing in common was the sense of team pride. As proud moms and dads wore their son’s jersey number or their daughter’s cheer colors, or Granddads painted their own face as the team’s mascot, it was on and poppin.

The season kicked off with exciting match ups around the AYFL; the Pembroke Pines Bengals hosted the Coconut Creek Eagles. The Bengals with a machine for an offense, jumped out to an impressive start by defeating the Eagles 32-0 in the 110 LB weight class.  

The West Pines Wildcats invited the Plantation Wildcats down to scrap it out like only Wildcats can do, the West Pines Wildcats ended up standing tall at the end of the day winning 27-7 in the 90 LB. weight division.

The Cooper City Cowboys, laid out the welcoming mat for the Coral Springs Chargers Unlimited Team, but the friendly welcome only lasted to the kick off. Once the whistle blew the Cooper City Cowboys Unlimited team quickly outscored the Chargers 27-0.

The Davie Broncos played host the Ft. Lauderdale Jaguars, with the first game of the day, both Pee Wee teams took the field to kick off the 2010 season. When it was all said and done, the Davie Broncos Pee Wees walked away with their first win of the season, 18-0.  

The Pasadena Panthers were anxious to take on their first opponents at home against the North East Rebels. The Panthers 135 LB team is one of the most well balanced teams in the AYFL, as the Rebels found it hard to defend the Panthers several offensive options, the Panthers won convincingly 35-0.

The Tamarac Cougars welcomed the 2010 season by traveling out to the Weston Warriors. This was one of the most evenly matched games all day. The 90 LB. Weston Warriors pulled out a very hard fought game against the Cougars, pulling out a win 7-6 over the Cougars.

And rounding out the action packed day in the AYFL; the Boca Jets welcomed the Sunrise Gators into town. In battle of the 90LB weight division, the Jets were able to outscore the Gators 12-7 with big plays to secure their first win of the season!

These were just a few of the games that took place on Saturday, and for more scores, be sure to sign on AYFL.com. 

Youth football fans get ready for the Miami Dade Xtreme League, South Florida Youth Football league, as well other youth leagues to kick off this coming Saturday. And stay tuned when Generation Nexxt announces the “Game of The Week", where we will have the TV crews and the big lights to give you your chance to get "Rated G!"

If your team kicked off the season with a bang, we want to hear about it, be sure to name your team, weight class, opponent and score!

Views: 815

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ya know it! GoCowboys!

ROGER BOONE said:
I DONT EVEN GOTTA SAY IT! ALL I'LL SAY IS COOPER CITY UNLIMITEDS! YALL KNOW YOU ALL READY LOOKED OUR SCORE UP!
Bring it on!

ROGER BOONE said:
SMASH EVERYBODY? You do not want to see us! moses said:
we gonna smash everybody!!!! Tamarac unlimited #9 watch out!
stale bet yall lose da bowl remember last year yall got to cocky and lost 2 round and da year before dat yall lost da bowl so i guess yall not dat raw

ROGER BOONE said:
I DONT EVEN GOTTA SAY IT! ALL I'LL SAY IS COOPER CITY UNLIMITEDS! YALL KNOW YOU ALL READY LOOKED OUR SCORE UP!
How good was that Coral Springs / West Pines 100s game this past weekend. Looks like some teams are starting to compete with this West Pines team.....
PPO 19 Plantation 0

WWC!!!
This league is weak Overall, ya got one or two good teams and that is it.
weak overall i don't see your team in top 25 pound for pound ayfl has 6 teams in the top i see gmpw has only five
please leave the bragging for some one on the pw or jrpw at least they made the top P/P
Pnuts Mom-you forgot to post your Week 4 score.
Check yo blogs baby.... gennexxtt homepage... r u ready for some football.. I aint never scared!! send me friend request it would be alot easier to keep up.. I accept warriors too..
Thanks-for Following

The_Singing_Mom said:
All about 135 pasadena panthers 6-0 we live

Wildcat said:
Plantation Wildcats 135s
we won 28-0
u guys are sorry we gona go 14-0 this yesr and our 3rd superbowl

robert pitter said:
All about 135 pasadena panthers 6-0 we live

Wildcat said:
Plantation Wildcats 135s
we won 28-0
Rotissa Pnuts Mom Johnson said:
Check yo blogs baby.... gennexxtt homepage... r u ready for some football.. I aint never scared!! send me friend request it would be alot easier to keep up.. I accept warriors too..
Thanks-for Following

The_Singing_Mom said:

I don't typically read the blogs. But maybe I will make an exception for you. Is the boy who was hurt during the game OK?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

BSO SAFETY TIPS

Members

CONTACT US

Generation Nexxt

Discovering Tomorow's Stars Today

Office: 954-282-1160 | Fax: 888-539-6746

Email: info@gennexxt.com

Community Partnerships: Please email info@gennexxt.com

YOUTH. FAMILY. COMMUNITY

IF THE PROS HAVE ESPN