WHO WILL BE THE TOP FIVE TEAMS FOR THE 2010 FOOTBALL SEASON IN YOUR OPINON!!!

There was a lot of power house teams in different leagues this year, but some of them will be leaving for high school for the 2010 football season.

In your opinon, based on the team's performance and coaching, name the top five teams in Youth Football for the 2010 season.

List:

TEAM

2010 Weight Class

League

Views: 1727

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1.) Liberty City 105's
2.) Miami Gardens Chargers 135's
3.) Richmond Giants 160's- A lot of those kids leaving to go to high school
4.) Bunch Park 80's -Pee Wees aint loose nothing
5.) Pompano Cowboys 105's
Richmond Giants have alot of kids returning and I mean alot of kids like I said before 14 kids return and 12 were starters and other 2 were key back ups. Also I 135 lost a tight game in the popwarner championship to Overtown a team they beat in regular season but hey as you know the reg season dont count. So we will be tuff this year I know that for sure.

Mr. Cowboy said:
1.) Liberty City 105's
2.) Miami Gardens Chargers 135's
3.) Richmond Giants 160's- A lot of those kids leaving to go to high school
4.) Bunch Park 80's -Pee Wees aint loose nothing
5.) Pompano Cowboys 105's
i'm going to say this kinda low N.W. BROWARD 165LBS will be a problem for the SFYFL this year so

when it starts to happen i'm going to be loud as can be!!!!!!!!!YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!
Watch out for that New and improved 90's this year too! Its about to be a movement over there!SHHH don't tell nobody!lol

Coach Fred said:
i'm going to say this kinda low N.W. BROWARD 165LBS will be a problem for the SFYFL this year so

when it starts to happen i'm going to be loud as can be!!!!!!!!!YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!
well i hate 2 burst yall bubble but cowboys 90lb & 100lb is going 2 win the superbowl this yr @the raiders u havent scored in 4yrs now u gone b good b 4 real & liberty city come see us everybody say that team was good but they wouldv'e lost at least 3 games in our league

Tavaris said:
Watch out for that New and improved 90's this year too! Its about to be a movement over there!SHHH don't tell nobody!lol

Coach Fred said:

Here are my Pop Warner picks

160s- Richmond- Strong returning players, good 135s moving up and some jey additions from other teams that will only make them stronger.

135s- Fla City- I have to go with them cause I dont see Palmetto being as strong as last season but I think some older lighters may help a sleeper at this weight.

120s- Liberty City- Palmetto may challenge but these boys are good.

105s- Liberty Citt- If you didnt watch the 90s play last year you missed a treat.

90s- Palmetto Bay- They should have won last year but lets see if the head coach can finally pull one off.
Bro you trippin the only team that raiders 90's going to see is Lauderdale Lakes bcuz they the champs of the 80's who gonna move up and I gurantee you we will score this year for that 100 pound you got my respect yall going to have to see miami gardens again if that team stay together becuz yall really even matched!

reggie adams said:
well i hate 2 burst yall bubble but cowboys 90lb & 100lb is going 2 win the superbowl this yr @the raiders u havent scored in 4yrs now u gone b good b 4 real & liberty city come see us everybody say that team was good but they wouldv'e lost at least 3 games in our league

Tavaris said:

Coach Fred said:

LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE SAY DON'T WAKE A SLEEPING GIANT. IT WOULD BE SMART 2 PICK THE 2 TIME CHAMPS OUT OF THE 160'S. CONSIDERING OUR 135'S FROM OVERTOWN LAST YEAR. I THINK COACH CRUMMIE SHOULD BE IN YOUR TOP 5. BUT THATZ YOUR OPINION. I KNOW 4 FACT WE R GOING 2 BE LOADED OVERTOWN. WATCH FOR SHAQUILLE GREEN AND RASHARD FRYE IN THE SNOOP BOWL. AND THEY R PLAYING WIT TIM IRVIN FROM RICHMOND. THEY WILL PUT ON A SHOW SATURDAY. I'M NOT ABOUT 2 BRAG CAUSE OUR TALK IS ON THE FIELD. AND WE READY AND STACKED WIT A WHOLE LOT OF TALENT. SO KEEP SLEEPING ON THE SILENT ASSASINS!

Ross Grimes said:
Coach Alford,

Tough to argue with you, you'll definitely have a strong team. I think the only team that could be stronger is the Miami Gardens team that played 120's this year. If they all survive this mess that's going on with the city and the reorganization of teams there and end up in the same place, it will be hard to say they aren't the best from day one in 2010. However, Dan Rowe tells me he's not coming back to coach because he's a Charger and will not go to a new program. Now granted, it's January and he could change his mind, but that was the word as of the last football game in December.

I think you guys are a very close second. Like I've suggested in other threads, you guys are the best coached team (you're team comes from behind in close games to win, the GWC rematch in the superbowl is a great example). But I don't think it's not unfair to call MGC 120's better.

Dan Rowe is a youth football legend in my humble opinion. You are too, but he'll never be on these boards, so I think it's good to give him a shout out.

I've I was forced to make a list, I wouldn't put teams but instead, I would put coaches. The reason why is because the players don't really mean much if they have poor coaching. I've watched as much South Florida Football as anyone last season, (clearly I'm not posting under my real name) and I if I had a son playing next year, I would put him on one of these teams. These will be the best of 2010, hands down. Also, the parent support on these teams is well documented. That's huge in youth football. But again, great coaches attract good parents. Here's my list:

1. Dan Rowe--
2010 Team: Whereever he's coaching is where you want to be, but he told me he's done. If he doesn't coach, see 1a.
2009 team- MGC 120's-- undefeated, virtually unchallenged. #1, #6 and #9 are immediate game changers.

1a. Eddie Alford, Jr--
2010 Team: Richmond Midgets--if they all come back(namely Timmy and Tyree), which he says they are, forget it. Pop Warner will be about second place. Most likely Overtown. Cadveat: Coach Shanton won't lay down quietly, that's for certain.
2009 Team: 2x Defending National Champions --nuff said.

3. Rob Jones-
2010- Liberty City 105s--Troutman and company return.
2009 Team: Liberty City 90s. No one scored on them, no one beat them. Say no more.

4. Ron Thurston--
2010 Team: Uncertain. Maybe 100s, maybe he stays at 90s. I didn't ask him. #1 and #5 from the superbowl teams will move up. If he stays, he'll get #6 up from the 80s to run the rock for him. He's gonna be tough to beat.
2009 Team: Pompano Cowboys 90s, completely underrated as a coach and a program. All he's done is gone out and win two straight superbowls in the largest league (SFYFL) at a very populated weight class.

5. Chavis Wright--
2010 Team: Bunche Park 80s. Have you seen some of his young backs and the cuts they make? It's insane. This has to be coaching. Outside of the superbowl, they were never challenged.
2009 Team: Bunche Park Pee Wees, undefeated and dominant.

Honorable Mention:
1. Head coach of this past year's Liberty City 105s. I don't know his name. I think they're going to struggle moving up a pound, so that's why I'm not placing them in the top 5. Not saying they won't be good, but it's going to be an adjustment. They'll be the favorite to win their pound though.
2. Buddy Bailey (Scott Lake): He got nipped in the championship game this year, but don't expect it to happen twice.
3. Rocky Morgan (Cooper City): He doesn't get athletes, but they have great coaching. If I had a kid living in North Broward and he was 11-13, I'd take him over to play for coach Rocky. He would be certain to learn the fundamentals of the game.
4. Ft. Lauderdale Hurricanes 110's coach: Outside of losing to Pasadena Lakes in the Blitz Bowl, this team hadn't lost in four years. They're going to be a really good 120 team and could be one of the best in S. Florida.
5. Brian Young (Kendall Hammocks): Say what you will, but his 75lb team won everything put in front of them this year. This is a solid coach with close to 20 years experience. If I had a young kid, and I couldn't get him to Chavis Wright, I'd take him to play for Brian Young.
BigBoi aint no one sleeping on OT its just lets be real. The 135lb division last year in Miami was weak. I can admit that cause I coached that pound last year and I know what every team had and it wasnt that impressive. You do have 2 nice players in #1 and 2 but we are talking about a team that are returning their top 12 from nationals as well as adding top players from other teams.

I aint coachin this year so I will be in the stands watching it all but I do think OT will be seeing Richmond in the ship when its all said and done.

BigBoi1112 OTR 4 Life 135's said:
LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE SAY DON'T WAKE A SLEEPING GIANT. IT WOULD BE SMART 2 PICK THE 2 TIME CHAMPS OUT OF THE 160'S. CONSIDERING OUR 135'S FROM OVERTOWN LAST YEAR. I THINK COACH CRUMMIE SHOULD BE IN YOUR TOP 5. BUT THATZ YOUR OPINION. I KNOW 4 FACT WE R GOING 2 BE LOADED OVERTOWN. WATCH FOR SHAQUILLE GREEN AND RASHARD FRYE IN THE SNOOP BOWL. AND THEY R PLAYING WIT TIM IRVIN FROM RICHMOND. THEY WILL PUT ON A SHOW SATURDAY. I'M NOT ABOUT 2 BRAG CAUSE OUR TALK IS ON THE FIELD. AND WE READY AND STACKED WIT A WHOLE LOT OF TALENT. SO KEEP SLEEPING ON THE SILENT ASSASINS!

Ross Grimes said:
Coach Alford,

Tough to argue with you, you'll definitely have a strong team. I think the only team that could be stronger is the Miami Gardens team that played 120's this year. If they all survive this mess that's going on with the city and the reorganization of teams there and end up in the same place, it will be hard to say they aren't the best from day one in 2010. However, Dan Rowe tells me he's not coming back to coach because he's a Charger and will not go to a new program. Now granted, it's January and he could change his mind, but that was the word as of the last football game in December.

I think you guys are a very close second. Like I've suggested in other threads, you guys are the best coached team (you're team comes from behind in close games to win, the GWC rematch in the superbowl is a great example). But I don't think it's not unfair to call MGC 120's better.

Dan Rowe is a youth football legend in my humble opinion. You are too, but he'll never be on these boards, so I think it's good to give him a shout out.

I've I was forced to make a list, I wouldn't put teams but instead, I would put coaches. The reason why is because the players don't really mean much if they have poor coaching. I've watched as much South Florida Football as anyone last season, (clearly I'm not posting under my real name) and I if I had a son playing next year, I would put him on one of these teams. These will be the best of 2010, hands down. Also, the parent support on these teams is well documented. That's huge in youth football. But again, great coaches attract good parents. Here's my list:

1. Dan Rowe--
2010 Team: Whereever he's coaching is where you want to be, but he told me he's done. If he doesn't coach, see 1a.
2009 team- MGC 120's-- undefeated, virtually unchallenged. #1, #6 and #9 are immediate game changers.

1a. Eddie Alford, Jr--
2010 Team: Richmond Midgets--if they all come back(namely Timmy and Tyree), which he says they are, forget it. Pop Warner will be about second place. Most likely Overtown. Cadveat: Coach Shanton won't lay down quietly, that's for certain.
2009 Team: 2x Defending National Champions --nuff said.

3. Rob Jones-
2010- Liberty City 105s--Troutman and company return.
2009 Team: Liberty City 90s. No one scored on them, no one beat them. Say no more.

4. Ron Thurston--
2010 Team: Uncertain. Maybe 100s, maybe he stays at 90s. I didn't ask him. #1 and #5 from the superbowl teams will move up. If he stays, he'll get #6 up from the 80s to run the rock for him. He's gonna be tough to beat.
2009 Team: Pompano Cowboys 90s, completely underrated as a coach and a program. All he's done is gone out and win two straight superbowls in the largest league (SFYFL) at a very populated weight class.

5. Chavis Wright--
2010 Team: Bunche Park 80s. Have you seen some of his young backs and the cuts they make? It's insane. This has to be coaching. Outside of the superbowl, they were never challenged.
2009 Team: Bunche Park Pee Wees, undefeated and dominant.

Honorable Mention:
1. Head coach of this past year's Liberty City 105s. I don't know his name. I think they're going to struggle moving up a pound, so that's why I'm not placing them in the top 5. Not saying they won't be good, but it's going to be an adjustment. They'll be the favorite to win their pound though.
2. Buddy Bailey (Scott Lake): He got nipped in the championship game this year, but don't expect it to happen twice.
3. Rocky Morgan (Cooper City): He doesn't get athletes, but they have great coaching. If I had a kid living in North Broward and he was 11-13, I'd take him over to play for coach Rocky. He would be certain to learn the fundamentals of the game.
4. Ft. Lauderdale Hurricanes 110's coach: Outside of losing to Pasadena Lakes in the Blitz Bowl, this team hadn't lost in four years. They're going to be a really good 120 team and could be one of the best in S. Florida.
5. Brian Young (Kendall Hammocks): Say what you will, but his 75lb team won everything put in front of them this year. This is a solid coach with close to 20 years experience. If I had a young kid, and I couldn't get him to Chavis Wright, I'd take him to play for Brian Young.
@Jack3Mia I agree wit u. But itz our second year in Pop warner. We know what it takes 2 get better , We know where we were weak at. We got a lot of kids who jumped ship last year because of the move 2 Pop warner. There coming back dis year, Also a lot of our 160's r coming back. Trust me dis year no one would be able 2 key on 1# Shaquille Green or 2# Detron Hopkins. Cause they won't know where itz coming from. I feel our Head coach did a great job wit the kids he had. But I'm going 2 love Coachinhg wit him dis year just 2 see what he would do wit dez guyz.
Richmond is a great team ' Great Coach the set the bar high. So in no way our we overlooking dem. We know they the team 2 beat hands down. But we ready 4 whateva comes our way.
AND IM COIMING BAK COACH ROG TO WE GNE BE DA DEAL 4 DA WHAT BOUT TO BE THE FIFTH YEAR!!!MAN POWER HOUSE SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL TEAM YA DIGG

ROGER BOONE said:
you know cooper city unlimiteds from the ayfl will be a power house every year! 2010 will be no different with 6 returning players and state runner up 140 squad movin up and a slew of new ballers coming in, watch us do what we do next year!
COOPERCITY COWBOYS UNLIMITEDS IS #1 IN TOP 10

Reply to Discussion

RSS

BSO SAFETY TIPS

Members

CONTACT US

Generation Nexxt

Discovering Tomorow's Stars Today

Office: 954-282-1160 | Fax: 888-539-6746

Email: info@gennexxt.com

Community Partnerships: Please email info@gennexxt.com

YOUTH. FAMILY. COMMUNITY