WILL LAST YEAR'S CHAMPIONS SURVIVE THIS YEAR'S BULLS EYE?

Will Last Year’s Champions Survive This Year's Bull’s Eye?

By Jonah Woullard

We all know it takes a lot a skill, great coaching, and a little bit of luck to bring the Big Trophy home to one’s program, but it is even harder to repeat that same feat the very next year.

Last year, there were some epic battles throughout the season, and even more intense battles in each of the respective youth league’s Super Bowls. For instance, in Miami Greater Pop Warner, the fourth quarter comeback by the Overtown Rattlers 135’s against the Richmond Giants Jr. Midgets. The Rattlers rallied round their injured team mate Shaq Green, for an inspiring fourth quarter win.

And who can forget the clash of the Titans between The Gwen Cherry Bulls 160’s lead by Coach Cory Smith, and the defending National Champs, The Richmond Giants 160’s, lead by Coach Eddie Alford. At halftime of this Super Bowl battle royal, The Bulls were leading the Giants 20-6, and the Bulls were showing no signs of slowing down. But Coach Eddie kept his calm and implemented some halftime adjustments that would prove to be enough not only stop the Bulls offense the entire second half but to outscore the bulls by three unanswered touch downs to defend their 2008 title, and repeat as 2009, Greater Miami Pop Warner Super Bowl Champs.

Then you move over the South Florida Youth Football League, which had their own share of epic battles on the grid iron. Starting with the Ft. Lauderdale Hurricanes, who has bought home the title, three out of four years on the 110 pound level. Coached by Twan, and Vince, they both understand what an amazing feat that is in such a competitive league as the SFYFL. But, also not to be out done, there is a special group of kids in Pompano, head coached by Coach Rob, The Pompano Cowboys 90’s won their back to back championship in 2009, and have their sights on a three peat as the 100 lb team in 2010.

With no shortage of action, the Miami Dade Xtreme Football League provided us with some high scoring, high flying super bowls as well. Starting with the Kendall Hammocks 105’s who came into the game as underdogs against a fast Golden Glades team, the Warriors proved that team work, and an excellent game plan, will win you a ring every time. And of course the Doral Broncos 140’s, lead by Coach Roly Reyes. This team enjoyed the luxury of great coaching, and talented players. The Broncos was one of the few teams that played and defeated several of the teams in the same weight class, in different leagues and proved to be an all around dominate team.

And in the AYFL, The Pembroke Pines Bengals Pee Wee Team, lead by Coach Chuck Bender, pulled out a tight, hard fought battle in the championship game against the Pasadena Panthers who entered the Super Bowl undefeated. Also, do you remember the game that came down to the last six seconds; The Coral Springs Chargers defeated the Super Charged PPO 110’s team. These were just a few of the exciting games that took place last November. And these were just a handful the 2009 Super Bowl Champs. But one thing that all these teams have in common is that they all have a bull’s eye on their back this year.  

Coaches will use these team’s road to glory last year as this year’s bulletin board material. With quotes from coaches such as; “If you can beat the super bowl champs, you can beat anybody.” Others will use reverse physiology, “That team isn’t hungry, they already have a championship, they don’t want it like we do.”

Whatever the quotes, whatever trash talk that will be exchanged between coaches and players before the game, or how intense it will be in some of these weigh ins before the games, just know one thing. As a Champion, you will get everyone’s best game, as a champion you will wear that famous bull’s eye, week in, and week out. Now that’s pressure on Super Bowl winners, but it is relished by Super Bowl “Champions!”

Views: 607

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some will be back in the big game but some might not But it will b great to see!!!!! Vikings Bulls King is in the House Yoooooooooooo
Nobody should have to worry about The Bulls Eye!! They need to worry about "The Bully Bulls Horns" U heard it here 1st I no pop warner dont no about me but its no way in hell that GcBb will be in 4th place behind the lil giants, OT, palmetto 160lbs LMAO Loud!!!!!
Wow ! I made the Prediction! And I stand by it 24-6 yA dIG ! U see the Cherry in your name 4 a reason. Cause ya'll sweet ! I think u need a job at Gennexxt since u like 2 entertain. How can u say what u go do and not see other teams, Thatz so Disrespectful ! But ya'll respect everbody yeah rite. I can see u bragging bout your team and giving your team props. This Pop warner u need depth More than 1 horse 2 carry the ball more than 1 receivers 2 depend on. All u talk about is 2 guys. But Ha thatz ya'll team. Just like I told u before u playing Checkers and this Chess and u ain't a King, U a Pawn in dis game of Chess! I wanna see u be quiet like u did win the Hurricanes put that thang on ya'll. U haven't learned your lesson yet. Still Rappin and writing dem Bounce Checks. Who u trying 2 convince u or the League. ( In my Jay-Z VOICE) WE DON 'T BELIEVE U, U NEED MORE PEOPLE ! Stop worrying about who I am ! Cause u can't check me Bruh ! Ya'll can't handle the truth! Getting all in your feelings! This Football not Cheerleading, This any given Sunday not Bring it on ! Lol ! Tighten Up Yo ! And work on your Grammar ! Lol ! I hope your plays don't reflect your Grammar cause itz go be a long season 4 u dudes. U surfboard dudes get wipped out ! lol !

The King said:
Nobody should have to worry about The Bulls Eye!! They need to worry about "The Bully Bulls Horns" U heard it here 1st I no pop warner dont no about me but its no way in hell that GcBb will be in 4th place behind the lil giants, OT, palmetto 160lbs LMAO Loud!!!!!
Man whats up with this king kat putting Ms. gwen cherry in front like they got they gear. Everybody on generation go on youtube and type in ft. lauderdale hurricanes da so call king was coaching da vikings and now he over there with Ms. gwen cherry tell me what u think about this kat....
Hey man, can we please leave Scott Lake out of this argument. LOL ! Seriously though, this is the preseason, and too big of a deal was made out of a flag game. Personally, I don't feel that anyone takes a flag score seriously. If they do that's their business, but like I've said before,"All it is, is work." I'm not taking either side, but this is a GC-OT argument. I'm looking forward to an exciting season on the field, as coaches and fans you can say whatever you want. At the end of the day it still comes down to the players on the field.
LOLLL dont hurt em Travis
Travis Personally I have no problem with Scott Lakes. I think if they had 2 play that game again it would be a different outcome. I was just making a point about trash talking and disrespecting your opponents like the King does. But thatz him. Thatz what floats his boat. aND the Flag Game is not the only reason itz statements he made before , bout this Team needs work and what place they'll finish. He has a rite 2 his opinion and so do I . No disrespect 2 that Scott Lake Program cause they did have a Monster of a Team and Coach Buddy is a Great Coach thatz y I put him in my Top 10 Coahes. All I was making was a point on how not respecting your opponent hurts u in a lot of wayz. I'm a Fan of Football period I watch no matter who's playing itz not about OT, Itz about Football period cause where evers the big gAME i'M THERE. I'm a Fan 1st, or whatever 2nd. My Lil Cousin played 4 Buddy 2 years ago so I have nothing but respect 4 Scott Lakes. And I'm a Man so I can apologize when I'm wrong but it was no disrespect intended. Itz funny how people get sensitive about what I say , But never about what was said 2 spark my response. I'm just keeping it 103 ! Some people can't handle the truth they rather live in denial. Good Luck 2 Everybody on there season ! Cause they tryna ban the Broadsteet Bully !!!!!!!!!!!

travis thomas said:
Hey man, can we please leave Scott Lake out of this argument. LOL ! Seriously though, this is the preseason, and too big of a deal was made out of a flag game. Personally, I don't feel that anyone takes a flag score seriously. If they do that's their business, but like I've said before,"All it is, is work." I'm not taking either side, but this is a GC-OT argument. I'm looking forward to an exciting season on the field, as coaches and fans you can say whatever you want. At the end of the day it still comes down to the players on the field.
Every year brings different aspects and obsticles for a team and coaching staff to overcome. Remember the off season is the time to prepare and evaluate not only what your team did right or wrong but to examine the oppositions strengths and weaknesses. I think once you go 3-0 the bullseye is already placed on you. I know i am just as hungry as my players are to have a successful season and make a run for the playoffs.... I hope that we get a bullseye placed on us because it means you are a threat and other teams need to stop you before you become too strong. If they dont, you just might run away and become too powerful...
I just cant wait to see this year football..... Trash talkin is in the game for all u grown men who be getting in their feeling its football time. Its not about OT & GC its about the kids..Whats up travis da so call king came in the kitchen and forgot to turn da oven off now da heat is on(FOOTBALL TALK) looking over team like POP warner dont have no competition he will see..........We just having fun over here and good luck to all da parks out there.....and remember its not over until its over that mean go hard all 4 quarter or go home.........T4L
THANKS 4 GIVING POMPANO SOME RESPECT WE DONE WON TWICE NOW WE GONE DO IT AGAIN ON THE 90LB AND 100LB
Gwen Cherry Bulls 160lb all Dayy
I LIKE NORTHSIDE 90'S ALLDAY

reggie adams said:
THANKS 4 GIVING POMPANO SOME RESPECT WE DONE WON TWICE NOW WE GONE DO IT AGAIN ON THE 90LB AND 100LB

Reply to Discussion

RSS

BSO SAFETY TIPS

Members

CONTACT US

Generation Nexxt

Discovering Tomorow's Stars Today

Office: 954-282-1160 | Fax: 888-539-6746

Email: info@gennexxt.com

Community Partnerships: Please email info@gennexxt.com

YOUTH. FAMILY. COMMUNITY

IF THE PROS HAVE ESPN