WILL LAST YEAR'S CHAMPIONS SURVIVE THIS YEAR'S BULLS EYE?

 

Will Last Year’s Champions Survive This Year's Bull’s Eye?

By Jonah Woullard

We all know it takes a lot a skill, great coaching, and a little bit of luck to bring the Big Trophy home to one’s program, but it is even harder to repeat that same feat the very next year.

Last year, there were some epic battles throughout the season, and even more intense battles in each of the respective youth league’s Super Bowls. For instance, in Miami Greater Pop Warner, the fourth quarter comeback by the Overtown Rattlers 135’s against the Richmond Giants Jr. Midgets. The Rattlers rallied round their injured team mate Shaq Green, for an inspiring fourth quarter win.

And who can forget the clash of the Titans between The Gwen Cherry Bulls 160’s lead by Coach Cory Smith, and the defending National Champs, The Richmond Giants 160’s, lead by Coach Eddie Alford. At halftime of this Super Bowl battle royal, The Bulls were leading the Giants 20-6, and the Bulls were showing no signs of slowing down. But Coach Eddie kept his calm and implemented some halftime adjustments that would prove to be enough not only stop the Bulls offense the entire second half but to outscore the bulls by three unanswered touch downs to defend their 2008 title, and repeat as 2009, Greater Miami Pop Warner Super Bowl Champs.

Then you move over the South Florida Youth Football League, which had their own share of epic battles on the grid iron. Starting with the Ft. Lauderdale Hurricanes, who has bought home the title, three out of four years on the 110 pound level. Coached by Twan, and Vince, they both understand what an amazing feat that is in such a competitive league as the SFYFL. But, also not to be out done, there is a special group of kids in Pompano, head coached by Coach Rob, The Pompano Cowboys 90’s won their back to back championship in 2009, and have their sights on a three peat as the 100 lb team in 2010.

With no shortage of action, the Miami Dade Xtreme Football League provided us with some high scoring, high flying super bowls as well. Starting with the Kendall Hammocks 105’s who came into the game as underdogs against a fast Golden Glades team, the Warriors proved that team work, and an excellent game plan, will win you a ring every time. And of course the Doral Broncos 140’s, lead by Coach Roly Reyes. This team enjoyed the luxury of great coaching, and talented players. The Broncos was one of the few teams that played and defeated several of the teams in the same weight class, in different leagues and proved to be an all around dominate team.

And in the AYFL, The Pembroke Pines Bengals Pee Wee Team, lead by Coach Chuck Bender, pulled out a tight, hard fought battle in the championship game against the Pasadena Panthers who entered the Super Bowl undefeated. Also, do you remember the game that came down to the last six seconds; The Coral Springs Chargers defeated the Super Charged PPO 110’s team. These were just a few of the exciting games that took place last November. And these were just a handful the 2009 Super Bowl Champs. But one thing that all these teams have in common is that they all have a bull’s eye on their back this year.  

Coaches will use these team’s road to glory last year as this year’s bulletin board material. With quotes from coaches such as; “If you can beat the super bowl champs, you can beat anybody.” Others will use reverse physiology, “That team isn’t hungry, they already have a championship, they don’t want it like we do.”

Whatever the quotes, whatever trash talk that will be exchanged between coaches and players before the game, or how intense it will be in some of these weigh ins before the games, just know one thing. As a Champion, you will get everyone’s best game, as a champion you will wear that famous bull’s eye, week in, and week out. Now that’s pressure on Super Bowl winners, but it is relished by Super Bowl “Champions!”

 

Views: 607

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is for Champions only, they got mudded last year by MGC.

SAMUEL BROOKS said:
I LIKE NORTHSIDE 90'S ALLDAY


reggie adams said:
THANKS 4 GIVING POMPANO SOME RESPECT WE DONE WON TWICE NOW WE GONE DO IT AGAIN ON THE 90LB AND 100LB
Yea they did .......... But they keep talkin doe Idk why
The got a real good 90LB team. Might be the best in town, but it is to be seen. Dem coaches cant choke this year like they did last year

Eddie Gilbert said:
Yea they did .......... But they keep talkin doe Idk why
I like Richmond 160's to repeat Florida City 135's. The 120's is an open pound and any park could reclaim that pound. I like no I love Liberty City 105's to me they 90 lb. team was pound for pound the best team in Pop Warner.
Thanks coach, we got a lot of work to do this year

Latravious Thomas said:
I like Richmond 160's to repeat Florida City 135's. The 120's is an open pound and any park could reclaim that pound. I like no I love Liberty City 105's to me they 90 lb. team was pound for pound the best team in Pop Warner.
A ITS A NEW YEAR GARDENS BEAT THEM LAST YEAR 8-0 ON A LAST SECOND T.D BUT LIKE I SAID I LUV NORTHSIDE 90S DIS YEAR IN U NO WHY.

Liberty City 100LB said:
This is for Champions only, they got mudded last year by MGC.

SAMUEL BROOKS said:
I LIKE NORTHSIDE 90'S ALLDAY


reggie adams said:
THANKS 4 GIVING POMPANO SOME RESPECT WE DONE WON TWICE NOW WE GONE DO IT AGAIN ON THE 90LB AND 100LB
northside dont wanna see us we smashed them 44-6 last yr man who ever yall got aint gone help u see ya in playoff thats where we at already

SAMUEL BROOKS said:
A ITS A NEW YEAR GARDENS BEAT THEM LAST YEAR 8-0 ON A LAST SECOND T.D BUT LIKE I SAID I LUV NORTHSIDE 90S DIS YEAR IN U NO WHY.

Liberty City 100LB said:
This is for Champions only, they got mudded last year by MGC.

SAMUEL BROOKS said:
I LIKE NORTHSIDE 90'S ALLDAY


reggie adams said:
THANKS 4 GIVING POMPANO SOME RESPECT WE DONE WON TWICE NOW WE GONE DO IT AGAIN ON THE 90LB AND 100LB
I know, he is going to smash the 90LB division. Watch out for Pompano though, they deserve respect. back to back 90LB champions.

SAMUEL BROOKS said:
A ITS A NEW YEAR GARDENS BEAT THEM LAST YEAR 8-0 ON A LAST SECOND T.D BUT LIKE I SAID I LUV NORTHSIDE 90S DIS YEAR IN U NO WHY.

Liberty City 100LB said:
This is for Champions only, they got mudded last year by MGC.

SAMUEL BROOKS said:
I LIKE NORTHSIDE 90'S ALLDAY


reggie adams said:
THANKS 4 GIVING POMPANO SOME RESPECT WE DONE WON TWICE NOW WE GONE DO IT AGAIN ON THE 90LB AND 100LB
nah pimp northside 80s beat yall pompano cowboyz last year n knock yall out da playoff lets get da facts str8 matter fact yall aint score yall 90 aint ready trust me....

reggie adams said:
northside dont wanna see us we smashed them 44-6 last yr man who ever yall got aint gone help u see ya in playoff thats where we at already

SAMUEL BROOKS said:
A ITS A NEW YEAR GARDENS BEAT THEM LAST YEAR 8-0 ON A LAST SECOND T.D BUT LIKE I SAID I LUV NORTHSIDE 90S DIS YEAR IN U NO WHY.

Liberty City 100LB said:
This is for Champions only, they got mudded last year by MGC.

SAMUEL BROOKS said:
I LIKE NORTHSIDE 90'S ALLDAY


reggie adams said:
THANKS 4 GIVING POMPANO SOME RESPECT WE DONE WON TWICE NOW WE GONE DO IT AGAIN ON THE 90LB AND 100LB
facts straight i coach the 90lb /100lb we smash both of them first rd u beat our 80lb they had a bunch of 8 yr olds n u won 6-0 but thats good new year different coaches hope u guys as good as u say cause everybody know us if u wanna win u gotta come thru us


SAMMYLEE said:
nah pimp northside 80s beat yall pompano cowboyz last year n knock yall out da playoff lets get da facts str8 matter fact yall aint score yall 90 aint ready trust me....

reggie adams said:
northside dont wanna see us we smashed them 44-6 last yr man who ever yall got aint gone help u see ya in playoff thats where we at already

SAMUEL BROOKS said:
A ITS A NEW YEAR GARDENS BEAT THEM LAST YEAR 8-0 ON A LAST SECOND T.D BUT LIKE I SAID I LUV NORTHSIDE 90S DIS YEAR IN U NO WHY.

Liberty City 100LB said:
This is for Champions only, they got mudded last year by MGC.

SAMUEL BROOKS said:
I LIKE NORTHSIDE 90'S ALLDAY


reggie adams said:
THANKS 4 GIVING POMPANO SOME RESPECT WE DONE WON TWICE NOW WE GONE DO IT AGAIN ON THE 90LB AND 100LB
A DIS IS 4 POMPANO 90'S JUS WIN N TRUST ME WE GNE SEE YALL N WE GNE SMASH YALL MY BOY WASN'T THERE LAST TEAR BUT HE IS DIS YEAR IT'S A PROBLEM......

reggie adams said:
facts straight i coach the 90lb /100lb we smash both of them first rd u beat our 80lb they had a bunch of 8 yr olds n u won 6-0 but thats good new year different coaches hope u guys as good as u say cause everybody know us if u wanna win u gotta come thru us


SAMMYLEE said:
nah pimp northside 80s beat yall pompano cowboyz last year n knock yall out da playoff lets get da facts str8 matter fact yall aint score yall 90 aint ready trust me....

reggie adams said:
northside dont wanna see us we smashed them 44-6 last yr man who ever yall got aint gone help u see ya in playoff thats where we at already

SAMUEL BROOKS said:
A ITS A NEW YEAR GARDENS BEAT THEM LAST YEAR 8-0 ON A LAST SECOND T.D BUT LIKE I SAID I LUV NORTHSIDE 90S DIS YEAR IN U NO WHY.

Liberty City 100LB said:
This is for Champions only, they got mudded last year by MGC.

SAMUEL BROOKS said:
I LIKE NORTHSIDE 90'S ALLDAY


reggie adams said:
THANKS 4 GIVING POMPANO SOME RESPECT WE DONE WON TWICE NOW WE GONE DO IT AGAIN ON THE 90LB AND 100LB
aye i hope ur son have a good season but i know u guys done heard about us we dont brag but on the field dade county dont win against pompano cowboys 90/100lb 4yrs in running so we dont gotta win we done showed that with back2back superbowl&state championships so we gone be there u just gotta meet us in the words of ALI THE CHAMP IS HERE!

SAMMYLEE said:
A DIS IS 4 POMPANO 90'S JUS WIN N TRUST ME WE GNE SEE YALL N WE GNE SMASH YALL MY BOY WASN'T THERE LAST TEAR BUT HE IS DIS YEAR IT'S A PROBLEM......

reggie adams said:
facts straight i coach the 90lb /100lb we smash both of them first rd u beat our 80lb they had a bunch of 8 yr olds n u won 6-0 but thats good new year different coaches hope u guys as good as u say cause everybody know us if u wanna win u gotta come thru us


SAMMYLEE said:
nah pimp northside 80s beat yall pompano cowboyz last year n knock yall out da playoff lets get da facts str8 matter fact yall aint score yall 90 aint ready trust me....

reggie adams said:
northside dont wanna see us we smashed them 44-6 last yr man who ever yall got aint gone help u see ya in playoff thats where we at already

SAMUEL BROOKS said:
A ITS A NEW YEAR GARDENS BEAT THEM LAST YEAR 8-0 ON A LAST SECOND T.D BUT LIKE I SAID I LUV NORTHSIDE 90S DIS YEAR IN U NO WHY.

Liberty City 100LB said:
This is for Champions only, they got mudded last year by MGC.

SAMUEL BROOKS said:
I LIKE NORTHSIDE 90'S ALLDAY


reggie adams said:
THANKS 4 GIVING POMPANO SOME RESPECT WE DONE WON TWICE NOW WE GONE DO IT AGAIN ON THE 90LB AND 100LB

Reply to Discussion

RSS

BSO SAFETY TIPS

Members

CONTACT US

Generation Nexxt

Discovering Tomorow's Stars Today

Office: 954-282-1160 | Fax: 888-539-6746

Email: info@gennexxt.com

Community Partnerships: Please email info@gennexxt.com

YOUTH. FAMILY. COMMUNITY

IF THE PROS HAVE ESPN

NOW THE YOUTH HAVE GENERATION NEXXT !

 

WELCOME OUR PROUD NEW LEAGUE AFFILIATIONS:

GENERATION NEXXT NATIONAL PHENOM SPOTLIGHT

© 2020   Created by Generation Nexxt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Web Analytics